Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Heisman Commitment

WHAT DID TIM TEBOW DO THE SUMMER AFTER WINNING THE HEISMAN TROPHY?

“All summer, I kept the workouts going – even when I traveled for a combination of mission trips and vacations for a total of three weeks that off-season.  I was able to do it because my brothers helped me with the workouts at every stop on the trip; I was not about to lose the edge I’d built up with my teammates in the spring.  AND SO I TRAINED IN LONDON, CROATIA, BOSNIA, THAILAND, THE PHILLIPINES, AND IN THE AIRPORT TERMINAL IN FRANKFURT, GERMANY.  Seven countries in three weeks, if you include the United States.  Our workouts consisted of exercises with whatever equipment we could find: stairs, chin-up bars, or rough mountain roads.  The materials for the workouts didn’t matter; what mattered was making sure that I got them in.”

From Tim’s book, Through My Eyes with Nathan Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment