Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Best of Mike Tomlin

"I live by a cliche if you will; I'd rather say 'whoa' than 'sic em' and I've had to say whoa a little bit and that's ok."

"If you want a team to be championship caliber, it starts with division dominance."

"My mentality is singular in that I want to be world champs each and every year, so that's what we work toward.  I have a tough time acknowledging levels of success short of that.  That's just how I'm wired."

"Big men on blades of grass.  The most violent team is going to win."

"Hungry is a word that I've been analyzing here of late.  It's not hunger that drives me, it's not hunger that needs to drive our football team.  Hunger and thirst are things that can be quenched.  We have to be a driven group, we have to seek greatness."

"Steeler football is 60 minutes.  It's never going to be pretty.  Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end.  We didn't blink."

"Iron sharpens iron."

No comments:

Post a Comment