Thursday, February 3, 2011

Daily Thought - Cael Sanderson

"My dad was my wrestling coach from little league through high school.  He taught my brothers and me that our effort was more important than our results.  He expected our best effort all the time, in every competition and practice.  He called doing your best "fighting."  When we went to competitions, Dad would say "we didn't come here to win, we came here to fight."  That is the same mind set that I had going through college, through the Olympics, and now as the Head Wrestling Coach at Iowa State.  I am very grateful that my dad taught me this at an early age.  Regardless of the circumstances, you can 'fight' and a 'fighting attitude' will help you be your best."  Cael Sanderson
Olympic Gold Medalist
Undefeated 4-Time NCAA Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment